Wednesday, March 24, 2010

what possesses people

This is totally yucky story so many of you may want to turn away. We have had a couple of instances of a group of young teens (13-14 yrs old) that have decided that it is fun and cool to leave a present on the floor of the mens room and then spread it all over the bathroom stall. I am talking all over including floors, walls, light fixtures, toilette and everywhere. I know, gross huh, I do not know why they would think this is appropriate let alone fun. It happened a couple of weeks ago and one of my poor staff members had to clean it up. It happened again last Thursday although when the group came in we had suspicions that it was them so we did watch them so when they got into the bathroom they had to do a rush job. Let me tell you I have never cleaned up anything so gross in my entire life and I am a mom! I mean what would possess someone to even think of doing such a thing and in a library to boot. Well we called the police and they were less than helpful about the situation although they did take a report and let us know that if the boys come in again to call. I had hoped when I caught a couple of the kids in the group last time and threatened them with police action that they were done but they came in again tonight. Police were called and I am not sure what was said or how this will all turn out as I was not at work tonight but I guess I will find out tomorrow. I have to say that this has really made me worried about those who we are looking at to run our country in the future. We think things are bad now what will happen when the "Poop Bandits" take over. These kids look like good kids. Not rag tag but well dressed and clean cut. I guess you can't judge a book by its cover because look at the result in this case. It really makes me sad that this is what things have become and that I may have to start locking our bathrooms and have a key on a toilette seat that patrons have to ask for to use the facilities.

Lets hope this is the end, I have doubts, but a glimmer of hope remains.

1 comment:

The black sheep A.K.A Pandora said...

omg how yucky!!!! I have to clean that stuff up sometimes too, one of my kids sits on the toilet and if you dont watch him close enough, he paints the walls, I call him poopcasso. LOL