Thursday, June 26, 2008

Washing machines and teenagers

My washer was very old and when you put too many clothes in it the basket was so rough it would put holes in the clothes. The dryer quit last year and I had hoped for new ones then but crafy D fixed it (dang). With our tax return this year we bought a fancy new washer and dryer pair. We bought the nice new front loaders so that we could stack them in our tiny wash room giving us some much needed storage space.

Yesterday poor Boo went to wash a load of her clothes and the washer wouldn't work. Knowing how expensive the washer was it put her in a bit of panic thinking she had broken my new washer that I had waited for a long time to get. Poor girl. She did not dare call and tell me that it wouldn't work so she waited for dad to get up hoping he could fix it.

Well apparently there is a little arm at the back of the soap dispenser that gets stuck every now and again and you have to take out the soap drawer and push it until it gets unstuck. ( thanks to all of those who figured out this problem). All is well with the washer. I hope this doesn't scare her away from doing laundry, it is sure nice to have the help.

2 comments:

Meemer said...

lol!

i can imagine the phone cal...
"mom, uh...well...."

Kelsey-boo said...

lol hey nothing like that will scare me away you can't get rid of me yet!