Tuesday, September 1, 2009

family times and a long hike

This last weekend was D's family reunion with his brothers and sisters. I of course had to work as no one had thought to call and see if there was a better weekend to do the reunion. I guess I should be used to it by now after almost 20 years but sometimes it still bugs me to be excluded from events just because I am the only wife and mother who works full time. Anyway I am rambling and this discussion is better served for another time. Friday the family went to the zoo and Saturday they went hiking up to Timp cave in American Fork. I did catch the last little bit of time at the zoo but I missed the hike which was sad because I have always wanted to see the cave.
This is the way cute new baby giraffe at the zoo, we did not get good pictures of the 3 baby tigers or the snow leopard as my camera batteries were low

Here is a picture of Boo at the Zoo, notice her way cool t-shirt (I got this when I was 16 at an A-Ha concert) she found it in a box of my stuff and stole it. I think it is cool that she likes it.

Group shot at the zoo with kids and one of D's little brothers and his wife. The zoo was fun and it was nice to see everyone although part of the group I did not see until we were leaving as they were all at the playground. After the zoo a group of us went to Cafe Rio and had dinner (love the pork enchiladas.)

Saturday D took the kids and went up Provo Canyon to have lunch with the Family and then they all had tickets to the cave. This is Bee with two of her cousins from Idaho who she was so excited to spend time with. I love the picture because it was so funny. Bee shows up and immediately is covered in cousins. They have so much fun together and they miss each other so much when they don't get to see each other very often.

One of D's best friends is a ranger at the cave. She made arrangements to take D and the kids through as their guide. She has worked in the cave for almost 20 years so it was great for them to have such a great guide. She did rib D about how long it took him to get to the cave. I guess it took them almost an hour and she climbed it that morning in 32 min. The trail is 1.5 miles to get to the cave but it is straight up and not an easy climb. G-Bear in the cave. He looks not so excited but when they got home I asked what he thought about the cave and he said that he loved it and wants to go back. He had lots of fun and thought it was really neat.Just some great shots of the beautiful scenery from the trail. It is a long way up!Bee and two of her favorite cousins
All in all I think that they all had fun. I wish I could have gone.

5 comments:

Kerri said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
One Crazy Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
One Crazy Family said...

Kerri
Sorry I altered your comment. I am a bit of a worrywart and try and keep names out of the blog. Since my blog is not private I am really careful about not using my kids or any other kids names. I wish we could have spent some time together as well. I miss seeing you and your really cute family. I guess we will have to come and visit again sometime. I wanted to see the Titanic exhibit in Idaho Falls but time just got away from us.

One Crazy Family said...

Kerri said...
Ah, you posted pictures of my family. A and K just adore Bee, (but you already knew that). I was so glad to see you for at least a few minutes, but I do wish we could have gathered when you didn't have to work.

Meemer said...

i loved that hike. hard but so much fun. and in the end you get to see a cool cave!