Friday, August 22, 2008

zoom zoom zoom

I thought I would introduce our small blogging world to the newest member of our crazy Family.





This is Roxey Zoom Zoom (yes, we name our cars) which we purchased a mere 2 weeks ago. She is a 2008 Mazda 6 and both D and I are very excited about her. We have been car shopping since January when we knew that we needed a car with much better gas mileage than the Durrango. We have looked at Honda's, Nissan's, Toyota's and Hyndai's but we seemed to gravitate toward Mazda's. D and Ty share our old 2000 Mazda 626 and Roxy makes the fourth Mazda we have owned. We were going to buy a Mazda 3 in copper red mica but the dealership was able to give us a better deal on this one since the new 2009 mazda 6's are all redesigned and very pretty. My only request was that it look sporty and have a spoiler (shallow, I know).









Boo says she is not really sporty and D kept saying at the dealership that she wasn't sporty and why didn't I tell him I wanted a 6 instead of a 3 (that was the all important question of money and the budget. I did not think we could find a new 6 in the price range I was given)





Anyway she has lots of cool features and is very fun to drive and has that lovely new car smell.


Downside is that we have a car payment again. We haven't had a car payment for awhile so that is a pain but it is nice to have something with less than 100,000 miles on it and a warranty.






The pictures are hard to see but the car is a silver gold color with black interior. The color changes depending on the light and what is around. It does have a spoiler (yeah) and in my humble opinion fits the sporty just fine.









3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The owner of this blog has a strong personality because it reflects to the blog that he/she made.

The black sheep A.K.A Pandora said...

Nice! I like it. I named my p.t crusier Marlyn cuz she's curvy.....I'm a dork too.:)

Tantalum said...

Cool ride! There's something about a Mazda - they're just fun. We loved our Protege5. Zoom Zoom Zoom!

We need to come up with a clever name for our black Pilot. So far, the kids call it "the car".