Thursday, August 28, 2008

Scary Neighbors

We live in a what is trying to be ritzy neighborhood. It is a mix of very big fancy houses and then a few smaller less ostentatious homes. We live in one of the smallest in the neighborhood and basically keep to ourselves. There are, however, some people who take advantage of their positions and such and feel obligated to push others around. Case in point. Last night we were running late to get Boo to her soccer game. There were some last minute changes and we had fallen behind. As we were leaving and trying to get to the soccer field two of the neighborhood ladies had decided to talk in the middle of the road. One was in a big SUV and the other was standing outside the suv and they were talking. In the middle of the road. We pulled up behind and they continued to talk. We sat there, without really enought room to go around and they continued to talk neither one making any notion of moving out from the middle of the road. We sat some more being very frustrated they continued to talk. Finally we tried to go around and we may have gone around a bit quick but that was due to the frustration of waiting for these two women to move out from the middle of the road. We got to the game a little late watched Boo kick but and win and headed home forgetting the incident.
We had no sooner pulled into the driveway when this womans husband pulled into my driveway (very quickly i might add) and began to yell at me for driving fast around his wife. I tried to tell him that they needed to not be talking in the middle road. He was very rude and mean and of course D is standing there like a lump letting this man yell at me. D to his defense did not know what happened but he could have said something - oh well
The rude very mean man finally drove off and said something to the effect of I will get you if you do that ever again. I did not sleep at all for being one scared of this man beating me up and then pissed for the fact that they can stand in the middle of the freakin road and talk and not let anyone pass who needs to go somewhere. Today I am just mad for making me feel like I cannot even use that entrance in or out of my neighborhood for fear of this man coming over and yelling at me again or worse. In talking to my daughters I find out that his older daughters are as rude as he is and act like they own the world and have been very pushy and rude to my girls. This guy also parks tons of cars on the street and considers the grassy area next to his house as his private property despite the fact that it is part of the whole neighborhood and we all pay a maintenance fee to take care of it but if someone else wants to use the area he kicks them out and if anyone else parks on the street he has their cars towed. I guess I should not let this bother me but it does. Oh and he can write people up for not having their yards in yet and he doesn't have his in either.

What a jerk

5 comments:

Kelsey-boo said...

i'm sorry i would have stood up for you but i was angry i was about to just attack him! i didn't want any more trouble so i had to leave. sorry

big d said...

want us to "decorate" his unfinished yard?

The black sheep A.K.A Pandora said...

ewwww, what a poop nugget! people are so rude! I wish I would have been there.

The black sheep A.K.A Pandora said...

I think the next birthday party should be held on the grasy knoll next to his home, with high volume speekers and a d.j. that plays techno music and a smelly petting zoo, oh and one of thoose bounce houses because the generator is super loud and maybe a full mariachi band.....

One Crazy Family said...

Oh you are a part of the family. You have good yet really mean ideas. I will have to remember them.