Tuesday, November 4, 2008

First Paychecks

Ty after much pushing and shoving from her dad and I got a job a few weeks ago. Despite the fact that she could have got a good job working for the library she decided that she wanted to work for a movie theater. She applied to all of the theaters around and finally got a job at the Tinseltown in Layton. Her dad and I were very excited for her and have tried to support her as much as possible.
Last Wednesday she got her first paycheck. It was for a little over $200 (minimum wage sucks). When she told me she had gotten paid I gave her the little talk about not spending it all at once and making sure she left enough money for gas and such for the next couple of weeks.

Well she is a teenager and she went out the next day and bough a PSP. She now has 18cents in her account, a car on empty and no money to buy gas. D tells me I am being too hard on her. It was her first paycheck and she got excited. When I talked to her after she didn't think that I was being serious on not spending the whole thing. Oh well. the sad thing is that a check that D wrote out last april for a soccer uniform got deposited this week so we are financially in the same boat as her. Oh well. I hope she saves some of the next one.

I have four cars in my driveway, one won't start (stitch), one on empty(Max), two not registered (max and big car), and my car (roxie) working toward empty since it was the only one with gas and everyone keeps driving it.

Payday is thursday.

1 comment:

The black sheep A.K.A Pandora said...

my first paycheck from the movie theater I worked for went to a blue music box that plays greensleeves. I still have it. I cherish it. But I made sure I had gas in my truck before I bought it. LOL She can bus it till her next paycheck, she'll be fine.:)